Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Picnic Time!


My best pals and I have been getting together for dinner every Tuesday afternoon for the past three weeks now, with intentions on bringing a picnic to Avondale Park for the series of free movies they’re showing this summer.  However, this is the first time it hasn’t rained in WEEKS, so we were so excited to actually go this time.

I’m always really excited for our weekly dinners, because it gives me a chance to show off my cookin’ skills, but I stuck with an old dish, ole faithful, if you will, but with some added flavors, and it turned out really great.


- Squash
- Zucchini
- Tomato
- Red onion
- Mushrooms
- Spinach
- Grilled chicken
- A half a clove of garlic
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Low-sodium Kikoman’s soy sauce
- Over seasoned quinoa


My picnic basket packed and ready to go!


I brought Woodchuck Special Reserve for us to sneakily drink


This week, we saw Fantastic Mr. Fox by Wes Anderson.  It actually ended up raining a bit towards the end, so we all sought refuge (and more beer) in our favorite bar, (which happened to be conveniently located across the street) Parkside.

Photo courtesy of Hollie Parrish, @hollspar

All in all, great food, great drinks, great movie, great gals, great night. 

Photo courtesy of Rachel Wilson, @ohhirachel

We were even photographed by al.com; see if you can spot us!

Photo courtesy of Mark Almond for al.com

Check out what’s playing next week: http://www.facebook.com/MoviesAtAvondalePark/

No comments:

Post a Comment