Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Girls on Tuesdays


Getting together every week has become a summer staple for my friends and me. Since I graduated, I was really afraid of losing touch with my closest friends, so I’m always excited to carve out some extra time to see them, and I love getting a chance to cook.  This week, we went to the free movie at Avondale Park to picnic again, and we got to see Mary Poppins.

Our picnic!
photo courtesy of Hollie Parrish, @hollsparr, who also brought the naan

Tonight I made a pretty simple dish.  I cooked squash, zucchini, tomatoes, red onions, and grilled chicken together and topped it with some store-bought curry over jasmine rice.  It was really easy and quick, and it tasted fabulous.

I cooked the squash, zucchini, and onions for a few minutes and then let it simmer with a few dollops of the curry sauce.

Got this at Target. There were other flavors too, but I'm partial to the coconut.

I cooked the chicken, tomatoes, and jasmine rice separately.

Finished product!  I had to put them in tupperware containers to transport to Avondale Park, so my apologies for the ugly presentation.

Don't forget the cider! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment