Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Trendy Shoes for Less

Some Tricks of the Trade From Me to You

For months I've been dying to get my hands on a pair of Sam Edelman Petty Boots. They're so perfect, such a great staple for Fall with some black skinny jeans.
After shopping around, I found some boots that are pretty much the exact same from American Eagle on sale for $70.
 (who would've thought?!)



So, like I said in a previous post, Birkenstocks are back in style, hot and heavy. However, they are still shoes that I consider to be a trend-piece, meaning that they won't be in style for long.
Why spend $130 for a pair of shoes that you'll have no use for next year when American Eagle has some identical sandals (although in a much better color, in my opinion) for $35?!


I have been relentlessly searching for some ultra-seventies-style campus boots in the past few weeks.
I briefly contemplated the Frye boots before I searched around Etsy for an actual vintage pair that's the exact same style and color with the exact same stitching pattern for TWENTY DOLLARS. This is not a drill, people.
Yes, they're a bit worn, but I like boots to look that way.
$348 or $20? It's simple.

Target notoriously has knock-off Steve Maddens and Jeffery Campbells, but like I said earlier, both of these boots are more of a trend than a classic staple in someone's wardrobe.
I actually own the Target combat boots and I love them. I've compared them to the Steve Madden Troopas, and they're literally the exact same.

As for these, I actually like the higher heel and gold buckles on the Target shoes a lot better.

Although the heel isn't that great woodgrain, I think these H&M shoes are a good Jeffrey Campbell imitation. The heel isn't as high, so they're a bit more subtle if you're not as daring as the Lita.

In the realm of designer shoes, Steve Madden actually redesigns styles from a lot of luxury brands like Louboutin, but I'd rather not buy a pair of shoes that cost about what my car's worth, so if I'm inkling to drop some dough on a flashy pair of stiletto platform pumps, I'll definitely look to Steve Madden.

No comments:

Post a Comment