Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Self-Care

I haven't posted in a while. I've been dealing with a lot of personal issues, stresses, confusions and tried to focus on taking good care of myself. Therefore, I didn't find any time to post.

Before I make any more posts, here's some advice from me to you:
Take care of yourself.

Binge on Netflix
Eat peanut butter straight from the jar
Take a bath
Cry if you want to
Read something that makes you smile
Don't be afraid to reach out to your friends
Cuddle with a pet
Take a walk
Bake
Sing loudly in the car
Go shopping
Write in a journal (or even a private blog)
Order a pizza
Skip a workout
Call your mom
Drink hot tea
Light a candle
Reconnect with old friends
Sleep late
Stay in

Take a deep breath. Everything will be okay.

Do what makes you feel happy in this very moment, because you and your mental health are what's important when life starts to feel overwhelming. Don't forget to write down what you're thankful for, what makes you happy, even if it's something small, and say them out loud. Only you know what you need.

I know this is really personal and out of the ordinary for my blog, but I know that I'm not alone in these lost and hopeless feelings, and everyone could stand to use a pick-me-up. Don't be afraid to take time and focus on yourself. In the long run, you'll benefit the most from it.


Thank you guys so much for reading. My blog seriously makes me so happy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment