Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Makeup Roundup

I got a ton of stuff from Birchbox by combining promos, allowing me to get all of this stuff for $30!

My two free mystery samples. 
I get the Vasanti Brighten Up! facial scrub all the time now, but I don't even mind. I love it. It's the most exfoliating cleanser I've ever used, and it makes my skin feel so fresh and soft.

I've had the oil treatment version of this hair product before, but the sample was so small that I couldn't really tell if it actually worked or not, and this cream is packaged in a sample of the same size, so it's not my favorite.

Facial soap was on the top of my grocery list, so I thought, why not get some off Birchbox and earn some points. I really love this wash. It's exfoliating and the lemon balm really brightens my face.

My main purchase was this Marcelle BB Gold Gift Set. It comes with a Golden Glow BB Cream, Twist Push Up Mascara, and a BB Cleanser

I didn't know the products would be so big! I feel like this was a great deal. I love the golden hues in the BB cream, so it's more of a bronze illuminator rather than pearly or pink-toned. It's really shimmery and light, but has more coverage than the Urban Decay Naked Illuminating BB Cream.

This cleanser is a little strange. It doesn't need to be rinsed off, but it's like a white lotion-like substance, which is great for moisturizing, as opposed to alcohol or oil based makeup removers, but it is a little strange to get used to.
This mascara is pretty cool too. It gives the option of a normal mascara wand, or you can twist it up for a more volumizing stroke.

Left is the twisted, volumizing option, and right is normal.


I got this really great cream eyeshadow from Performance Colors on Etsy in "Raisin."
The chap-stick applicator works pretty well on your eyelids and it's creaseless! I like it a lot.
The seller is so sweet. My order was a little delayed, and she sent me another color, a gunmetal dark grey, for free. She is so sweet!

 Here's the "Raisin" shade below:

2 comments:

  1. I had thought about getting birchbox or ipsy a few times now. I have been getting Julep but I think I am going to cancel it. I don't paint my nails enough to make it worth it! I am guessing you'd recommend birchbox?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nadine

    The reason I recommend Birchbox is because, unlike ipsy, who has a lot of really good products (and I personally liked their profile quiz better than Birchbox's), Birchbox is actually a makeup retailer as well. You can rack up points ($1 spent = 1 point, 100 points = $10 to spend) by purchasing full-price products, through your monthly box ($10/month), and if you review your products in the box, you get ten FREE points for each product you write a review on.

    It's sooooo easy to accumulate points, and it helps save a lot of money. They also have a ton of promos, so you can get free samples with each purchase or use 10, 20, or 40%/$10 off coupons that don't *seem* to expire. They always seem to be running promos as well.

    If you earn 500 points within a year, you become a Birchbox ACE, and you get free shipping anytime, plus exclusive coupons and free samples. Everything is also tax-free and they have a wide-variety of brands and products.

    I really like purchasing value sets also. For someone who was previously unfamiliar with makeup, sample sizes made experimenting a whole lot easier. I pretty much always get $10 off (by using points), 20% off (using some random coupon), and a few free mystery samples every time I purchase something.

    It's also a great gift. I gave my mom a 6 month subscription for her birthday and got the points to use for myself! haha! I also like that they sell jewelry, accessories, tech stuff, home stuff, cooking stuff, and stationary as well. I find so many good gifts on there!

    Did I mention that you also get 50 points when a friend subscribes? Click here if you wanna make the leap!
    https://www.birchbox.com/invite/th29g

    ReplyDelete