Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Dalai Lama in Birmingham!

Hunter and I had the amazing opportunity to hear the 14th Dalai Lama speak in Birmingham, at Regions Field for "An Afternoon with His Holiness" during Human Rights Week.
Here, he is seen with Mayor William Bell.

It was a wonderfully enlightening and moving speech on celebrating oneness, peace, and all the ways that we, as humans, are similar, instead of feuding over our differences.
It was so refreshing to hear the Dalai Lama laugh and joke around throughout his presentation, and it was a day that I'll never forget.

The Birmingham monks creating a beautiful mandala in honor of the Dalai Lama's visit

The "Jolly" Lama outside of Good People Brewing Company

The Dalai Lama also spoke at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (as seen above with his UAB visor, haha), the Alabama Theatre, and 16th Street Baptist Church (pictured below) during his visit.

I'm sorry, please forgive me, but I couldn't resist.
Mayor Bell with Dalai Lama, Mayor Bell with actual llama.
Plus, I find it extremely amusing that the bottom photo is on Mayor Bell's Wikipedia page.

No comments:

Post a Comment